An art gallery in Blackduck! Co-located with the History Center is the TIN PAN gALLErY, a project of the Blackduck Arts Council. The gallery is an outlet for area artists to showcase their work. Much of the art is for sale and a percentage of the sale benefits the History and Art Center. You will always find an interesting variety of art from local artists in the gallery. Special events are a frequent occurrence!
We seem to keep finding new artistic talent in the area. Some of the featured artists and special artist shows that we have hosted include:
- Area woodcarvers
- The Wednesday Quilters
- Kindergarten art project and show
- Don Houseman- special artist show
- Jim & Judy Gorman- “Solitude Stained Glass”
- Student art- grades 7-12
- Anishinaabe artists- “Share Our Cultures Day”
- Stephen Parker art exhibit
- Marilyn Anderson- “Landscapes in Oil”
- Jackie Olson – rosemaling
- Mindy Kleeb – woodburning art
- Little Lambs Learning Center – collage and paint splatter
- Art Gumbo - a smorgasbord of area artists’ works
- “Everyday Miracles: Celebrating the Ordinary” photographs and poetry by Deb DeNio Krueger
- Dave Hentges - Intarsia woodcarving
- Roger Kallroos – “Wildlife on Wood”
- Emilie Kalvig – ceramics
We would love to have additional volunteers to work with us – whether you are an artist, or just like to be involved with art events. If you’d like to become involved with the History and Art Center, the arts council or the gallery in the Blackduck area, please be in touch. Call the History and Art Center at 218-835-4478. Leave a message and someone will get back to you!
Check our “What’s New” link to see the planned events.